Identify Main and Subordinate Clause Exercise- Are you looking for the main clauses and subordinate clause worksheet? Do you want to download the main clause and subordinate clauses exercise pdf? Here you will get clauses exercises for free.
It’s important to practice clauses exercises for free. If you are a students or a teacher or preparing for any competitive examination, then this post is for you.
What is the main clause?
This is a type of clause that contains a subject and a verb. The main clause conveys a complete sense whereas the subordinate clause does not. It can be considered as a sentence.
Ex-I saw a man who was dancing.
Identify the main clause in the following sentences
- This is the cake that I like.
- When I go home, I always drink coffee.
- I eat chicken because I am hungry.
- Nobody knows who I am.
- The gift that you gave me was good.
- Maria bought some flowers which she wanted to give her sister.
- The boys who misbehave in the class were punished.
- Come when you like.
- When my father arrives, he will give the direction.
- While the flowers bloom, I will plant more trees.
- Until the sunset, sit by the lake.
- Before the food gets cold, sit at the table.
- Unless you have the right size, do not try the shoes.
- No matter how you look at it, we are in good hands.
- I know the man who is here.
- Let us rejoice as we move forward.
- I think that he will die.
- My mother hopes that you will visit us.
- He ate when he was hungry.
- As I was going in my father came out.
What is a Subordinate Clause?
A subordinate clause is a type of clause that does not convey a complete meaning itself. A subordinate clause depends on the main clause to complete the sense.
Ex- I saw a man who was dancing.
Identify the subordinate clause in the following sentences
- I prefer the year when the monsoon failed.
- You will always regret that when you did this.
- I will not make the same mistakes that you did.
- When the sun shines, we will shine together.
- If it takes the rest of my life, baby I will wait for me.
- Because you are mine, I walk the line.
- When father entered the kitchen mother cooking food.
- He says that he met your brother.
- The man who is speaking now is my brother.
- She Behaves as if she missed Canada.
- It was you whom I saw first.
- He works that he could learn more money for his son’s marriage.
- Though I am poor, I am honest.
- This is the house that Jack Built.
- No sooner did he see us than he disappeared.
- They came after the storm ended.
- The hunter was careful, not to attack the tiger directly.
- The police will arrive immediately after you call.
- This is the house where they lived in
- He went where his mother sent him.