Subject Verb Agreement Worksheet With Answers- Are you for subject-verb agreement exercises? Do you want to download the English grammar MCQ book pdf? Do you want to practice subject-verb agreement questions? Here you will get a subject-verb agreement worksheet with answers for free.
Before going to discuss what is subject-verb agreement we need to look in to the basic of it like what is a verb, what is subjects etc.
Subjects– person, place, thing, or ideas that are doing or being something.
Verb– action perform by the subjects or state of being.
What is a subjet-verb agreement?
For making a sentence grammatically correct, a verb must agree with its subject in number.
Example- Mokey eats a banana.
Subject-verb Agreement Exercise
1- He as well as I ——-interested in music.
2-England—–won the ODI cricket.
3-A lot of sugar —————–added to the milk.
4-The opinion of the principal ——not acceptable to the staff.
5-All that glitters ——not gold.
6-Nothing but empty promises ——given to the public.
7-More than one book ———-missing from the library.
8-More boys than one ——-absent in the class.
9-The following ——details of the meeting.
10-The following ——-the details of the program.
11-The price of essential commodities ——-skyrocketing.
12-He as well as his friends ———-interested in cricket.
13-The decision of the board members————final on this matter.
14-The king followed by his retinues ———go out for hunting.
15-He or his friends ———broken the window pane.
16-Either he or I ———to attend the function.
17-Hope for the missing children ——fading.
18-The board member, not the chairman ——–the decision.
19-He is one of those who ———-helped me.
20-There ——–a number of sheep in the field.
Subject-Verb Agreement Quiz
- The Arabian nights —————an interesting book (is/are)
- Riha as well as Ria ————-guilty.(was/ware)
- Neither John nor you ———–present. (was/ware)
- Two and two ———four. (make/makes)
- The orators and statesman ——-dead. (is/are)
- The king with all ministers ———–present there. (was/ware)
- Every man and woman and children in the village ———–wounded. (was/ware)
- Curry and rice————–his favorite food. (is/are)
- The number of students ————caught copying. (was/ware)
- The boy and the girl ————to the same college (go/goes)
- Many of the students———-failed in the examination (has/have)
- A large number of workers———-stuck works. (has/have)
- Most of the students ———–their time. (waste/wastes)
- He and his friends ————-arrived. (has/have)
- Mathematics ———–an important subject. (is/are)
- The committee ———chosen their chairman. (has/have)
- Veena and not you ————won the prize. (has/have)
- Each of her rooms ———to let. (is/are)
- The house with its content ———-insured against fire. (was/ware)
- Rain ———-from the sky. (fall/falls)
Subject-Verb Agreement Exercise Fill in the Blanks
- The sun———-in the sky. (set/sets)
- There ———an egg on the plate. (is/are)
- A list of weak boys in our class ——–been prepared. (has/have)
- A few teachers ————laborious. (is/are)
- Many criminals ———been arrested. (has/have)
- Measles ————-a dangerous disease. (is/are)
- The number of students ———–fifty. (is/are)
- You, he and I ———–friends. (am/is/are)
- Nothing but trees ———seen. (was/ware/have)
- Truth and honesty ———–the best policy. (is/are)
- All that glitters————–not gold. (is/am/are)
- He and not I ————do this. (has/have)
- The daffodils ————-been written by William Wordsworth. (has/have)
- The Magistrate and Collector ————–present in the meeting. (was/ware)
- Oil and water ————-not mix. (do/does)
- Gulliver’s travels ———- famous stairs. (is/are)
- A bird ———in the sky. (fly/flies)
- His secretary and his typist —— on leave today. (is/are)
- His father and his mother ———-there. (was/ware)
- Age and experience ———–wisdom to man. (bring/brings)
Subject-Verb Agreement Examples With Answers
- Age and experience———wisdom to man. (bring/brings)
- A great number of people——–come here. (has/have)
- A pair of shoes———-in this room (is/are)
- Malaria ———-a topical disease. (is/are)
- The majority of tourist ———–tired. (was/ware)
- If I ——–rich, I would buy a car.(was/ware)
- Village after village————–destroyed. (was/ware)
- A lot of pens——been purchased. (has/have)
- Ten kilometers ————-a long way to walk. (is/are)
- The council———-chosen its president. (has/have)
- Fifty kilos ————- too heavy for me to carry. (is/are)
- Half of the milk ———been spoiled. (has/have)
- Six times two————twelve. (is/am/are)
- Fifty miles—————–a long distance. (is/are)
- The crown and glory of life ———–characters. (is/are)
- Arms and the man ———–nice book. (is/are)
- The gentry ———–a luxurious life. (lead/leads)
Subject-Verb Agreement Exercises For Class 6 to 12
- The number of students engaged ———–twenty. (is/are)
- Each of them ———-to come here. (has/have)
- Wordsworth was one of the greatest poets that ————-ever lived. (has/have)
- The books that you gave me———–lost. (is/are)
- More teachers than one——-present in the meeting. (was/ware)
- Either the students or teacher ————–in the wrong compartment. (Is/are)
- A set of novels —————to be bought. (has/have)
- Nothing but trees ——–seen. (was/were)
- The young ————–misguided by leaders. (is/are)
- Neither the moon nor the stars ————–visible. (Was/were)
Subject Verb Agreement Worksheet With Answers
Subject-Verb Agreement Worksheet PDF Download